Strawberry Mint Cocktail
A perfect summer cocktail. Enjoy this strawberry mint cocktail with gin or vodka. Leave out the alcohol for a delicious mocktail.
- 6 leaves mint also delicious with basil
- 2 T JM Treats & Eats Strawberry Preserves
- 4 oz gin or vodka I used Barr Hill Gin (made with honey)
- 1 oz honey simple syrup recipe below
- soda water
Honey Simply Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice and set aside
- Muddle the mint leaves in a cocktail shake until you can smell the mint.
- Add JM Treats & Eats Strawberry Preserves, gin or vodka, honey simple syrup and a handful of ice. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain mixture into rocks glasses and top off with soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf or slice of strawberry.
Honey Simple Syrup
- Mix 1/2 cup honey and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring often, until honey has completely dissolved.
- Pour into a mason jar and let cool to room temp. Store in the refrigerator.